Need a quick smile boost?
Have you noticed your teeth look more yellow or dull lately?
It can be frustrating to look in the mirror and feel like your smile isn’t as bright as it used to be. Even with the best flossing and brushing habits, you’re still likely to notice your teeth take on a more dull appearance over time.
It’s not your fault, because inevitably, daily food, drinks, and lifestyle habits will gradually discolor your teeth, resulting in your smile having a yellowish appearance.
Luckily, whitening your teeth is one of the easiest things you can do to improve the appearance of your smile. Read on to learn more about how to whiten your teeth.
What Our Patients Are Saying
I Am So Happy With My Smile
Fantastic Dental Service since 1986
Family Oriented Dental Practice
Professional Teeth Whitening
If there’s one thing that most patients of all ages seem to want, it’s whiter teeth. With so many over-the-counter products available for teeth whitening, it’s hard to know which methods are most effective and safe. We get so many questions about whitening, we’ve put together information here on our website to help you make the best decision about how to proceed with brightening your smile.
Since each patient is unique, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for everyone. The best way to ensure you’re whitening safely is to ask your dentist what they recommend for you. One whitening product or procedure might not be as effective for you as it was for your friend.
If you’re a candidate for in-office professional whitening, you’ll enjoy the fastest and most dramatic results. Some advantages to having your teeth professionally whitened at the dentist are:
- Thorough Evaluation: Before you whiten your teeth, it’s important to know that your gums are healthy and your teeth can be whitened. Not all teeth will whiten!
- Done by Professionals: Our staff is well trained to make sure your whitening goes smoothly and that no trauma, such as chemical burns occurs.
- More Dramatic Improvement: With in-office whitening, the solution we use is stronger than what you can buy over-the-counter. This is how we achieve a whiter smile in less time than you’d be able to achieve with drug store products.
- Immediate Results: The strength of our bleaching gel gives immediate results. When you leave the office, your teeth are noticeably whiter.
- Increased Comfort: Our whitening solution contains potassium nitrate, which helps to decrease the sensitivity some people experience from teeth whitening.
Give us a call to schedule an appointment! We love helping people whiten their smiles!
Whitening Your Teeth At Home
While we think that in-office whitening is ideal, many patients prefer to whiten their teeth at home. We have one of the best and most affordable options for at-home whitening.
We proudly offer Opalescence Go™ take-home kits. Some of the benefits are:
- Noticeable Results: The whitening solution in Opalescence Go™ is available in 10% concentration and 15% concentration, both of which typically result in whiter teeth after approximately one week of daily application.
- No Need to Take Impressions: Opalescence Go™ is a flexible tray that molds to your teeth without having to take impressions for a custom-made tray.
- Less Sensitivity: You’re less likely to experience sensitivity with Opalescence Go™ than with in-office treatment.
- Affordable: We want to make it easy for you. We charge a competitive price to what you can find online. This way you can still be under the care of your dental team while safely whitening your teeth at a very affordable price.
Ask us about taking home an Opalescence Go™ kit at your next appointment!
When Should You Whiten Your Teeth?
If you’re planning to have permanent cosmetic work done, such as veneers, crowns or fillings on your front teeth, you’ll want to talk to the doctor about the color of your teeth. If you want whiter teeth, then the time to whiten is before any permanent work is done. This way, the dentist can match the permanent work to your new whiter shade.
If you’re not planning to have any work done, then right after a dental cleaning with your hygienist is the best time to whiten!
Whiten regularly at home with Opalescence Go™ to maintain your desired shade of white!
Book Your Teeth Whitening Consultation
Not All Stains Are The Same
Surface Stains: Also called extrinsic stains, surface stains occur from normal eating, drinking, and lifestyle habits. Here are some things that cause the most tooth discoloration:
- Tea, coffee, red wine, and any dark-colored beverage.
- Deeply pigmented foods such as cherries, chocolate, tomato sauce.
- Any and all tobacco products.
- Poor oral hygiene such as skipping regular flossing and brushing.
Deep Stains: Also called intrinsic stains, this type of discoloration can occur below the surface of the tooth and is trickier, if not impossible to get rid of. This will require the expertise of your dentist to determine if it can be removed. Sources of deep intrinsic stain are:
- Certain prescription medications.
- Thinning enamel.
- Past illness or malformation of the tooth.
In-Office Whitening Versus At-Home Whitening
Here’s what to expect when you choose to whiten your teeth in our office and when you opt to do it yourself at home:
Whitening At The Dentist: Opalescence™ Boost™
When you schedule a professional in-office whitening appointment, plan to spend about an hour in our office. We use Opalescence™ Boost™ to get great whitening results. We’ll make sure you’re comfortable in the chair, then apply a concentrated 40% hydrogen peroxide whitening gel to your teeth, taking care to protect your gum tissue against any chemical burns. The whitening solution will stay on your teeth for 20 minutes, and we’ll repeat the process up to three times. We’ll check the shade of your teeth along the way.
Whitening At Home: Opalescence Go™
When you take home an Opalescence Go™ kit, the best time to start using it is right after you’ve had your teeth cleaned by the hygienist. Even if you haven’t just had your professional cleaning, you should start by flossing and brushing your teeth to remove any plaque.
You’ll simply open a package containing one upper and one lower tray, and following the instructions on the box, wear the trays for the recommended time. You’ll do this once per day for 5-10 consecutive days, after which time you should see noticeably whiter teeth.
*Avoiding dark-colored food and drink during this time will help you achieve better whitening results.